EVG manages the funds of a single family office and specialises in smaller “Private Equity” style investments. We partner with one or more like thinking privately run family investment offices both locally and internationally. At EVG, we succeed if we help a venture attain fresh “peaks” of value which is sustainable. Alongside our capital, strategic guidance (“piloting”) is provided to investee management in structuring and deploying their businesses to become mid to long term investments. Otherwise, we have no fixed timeline.
- Our preferred style is to co-invest alongside management who are expected to have real personal “skin in the game.”
- Our intention is to generate early realisable income streams, where management has presented to us genuinely value-orientated and sustainable ventures and identified the weakness they currently face.
- Our services include syndicating risk, providing overlapping but complementary skill base to create some identifiable value
- Our primary focus is to provide both growth capital and “hands on piloting”, based on our experience or similar ventures in order to release trapped value
- Our investments are likely to be at the C$1m to C$5m level in aggregate, even where we are working with a co-investors
- Our aim is to add 5x to 10x in value, to “feed” the PE firms who seek C$10m+ EBITDA in their investments
Creating solutions for business issues based on the need for short-term piloting expertise and expansion capital. Alignment with investee business, its management, and other stakeholders is critical. Our intention is to identify by consensus solutions that are most likely to generate serious incidental wealth for all parties from the time Zen first reviews an opportunity.
Every opportunity presented is different. Therefore, any structure we propose must be customised to the facts. We prefer to co-invest and share both risk and skill base required for existing members of our network established in 3 continents, over 25+ years. Instead of a formal Private Equity structure with set rules, we make and receive Telephone Equity calls i.e. informal invitations to join in an investment opportunity.
We will assist where we believe we can genuinely add value where companies are managed by “like-minded individuals” as Zen’s Board, i.e. those who can see the "hands on" value we might bring, is at least as important as the capital we expect to invest, alongside management, and other stakeholders.